Dear friends,
  Last weekend, I met two young filmmakers who are planning to make a movie on
a Dalit woman – Ms Indu Devi from Bihar. They came to know about me though the
Outlook article and contacted me. We had around three and half hours discussion
on matters related to Dalits, Dr Ambedkar, Gandhi, Hinduism, Buddhism,
Christianity etc. They first heard the name “Dr Ambedkar” through me though
they have a little knowledge about Dalits and their plight. They are
independent and upcoming filmmakers with a few short films to their credit –
one on Bosnian war, a copy of which was given to me.

  According to them, they have read about Indu Devi who took arms to fighting
against oppressive land-lords. She built an army of Dalit woman, trained them
in using arms and fighting against the land-lords. I did not hear about this
woman till they mention it. To know about her, they have sent me an article and
it is impressive. They are planning to make a movie on her. They have come up
with a name as well for their movie.

  They want to know more about this woman before they write their screen play.
If anyone in these forums knows her story, we appreciate if they share with us.
To understand more of the nature of the sufferings of Dalits, they contacted
me. I am helping them in that direction.

  But, since I do not about Ms Indu Devi, we need your help. We appreciate any
information you can provide on her.

  Remember that Dalits need media – International media – attention. Hope, this
type of films help us to stir the conscience of the well minded people of the
world to come and notice what we are experiencing in our own country. So, we
need to help every attempt to make it happen. Please help us.

  We appreciate your help in this regard.
  NOTE: Please pass on this message to other groups where you think we may get
info on her.
  Benjamin

An educated man without character and humility was more dangerous than a beast.
If his education was detrimental to the welfare of poor, he was a curse to
society.
-Babasaheb Dr B R Ambedkar
Please visit www.ambedkarscholarship.org