It is a beautiful experience to see similar thoughts reflected in
poetry or prose. I just read this poem by Elizabeth Jennings that
reminded me of a similar one by Rupert Brooke.

Delay by Elizabeth Jennings

"The radiance of the star that leans on me
Was shining years ago. The light that now
Glitters up there my eyes may never see,
And so the time lag teases me with how

Love that loves now may not reach me until
Its first desire is spent. The star's impulse
Must wait for eyes to claim it beautiful
And love arrived may find us somewhere else."

Fafaia by Rupert Brooke

Stars that seem so close and bright,
Watched by lovers through the night,
Swim in emptiness, men say,