On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Tobias Schlitt wrote:

> as far as I can see there are two major points in this discussion:
>
> 1. Providing updates for single components in short time frames could
> bring people to an update hell, when they need to download and upgrade
> some components every week.

They don't have to. Only for security releases, or when they want to use
new features. I think it's a great thing that we can release individual
components on such a fast turn around. It means that new features are
out (close to) instantly.

> 2. The clear target of Zeta to provide components as loosely coupled as
> possible would be lead ad absurdum by only providing full package upgrades.

<snip>

> However, I see the argument for not having automatic releases of the
> full package whenever a component is upgraded. This would lead the
> argument for the full package ad absurdum.

Yes. The full package should be twice a year.

cheers,
Derick

--
http://derickrethans.nl | http://xdebug.org