I've run into this same issue recently and I'm working with someone in
the Sun Studio group to help me figure it out, but so far, no luck.

I thought that the only thing I needed to do was to make sure that the
compiler and the linker were being executed with the -g option, but I've
done that and I still can't get dbx to recognize the dynamic libraries
has having debugger info.

So if I get the answer, I'll post it here.  In the meantime, if anyone
else knows the trick, I'd appreciate learning it.

Lori