> Just some random thoughts on this...
>
> One of the initial design criteria of ZFS is that
> it's simple. If it's
> not, that was a bug...
>
> If we need tutorials to use the zfs commands, has
> something missed the
> mark?
>
> If the information that is needed to do the work is
> NOT in the man
> pages, perhaps we could look to address that...
>
> Personally, I'd prefer to read a manpage than scour
> the web for a
> tutorial that may or may not be current.
>
> hm... man zfs_tutorial? :)
>
> Nathan.

Tutorial might have been the wrong word.  Man pages are good for finding quick
reference about specific commands, syntax, basic functionality.  I understand
that ZFS was built around being simple but powerful.  Some users/admins have
trouble seeing the "big picture"...putting it all together.  This is where I
feel the power of a wiki, or any centralized documentation space related to
ZFS, could be of benefit.

Also things that may not be explained in a man page such as tying other
applications in with ZFS, such as NetBackup and ZFS(?), ZFS and zones, ZFS and
Oracle, etc.  Most of those topics wouldn't be in a man page(except the zones
one), but are important topics that could be very useful.

-Nate