Brian Hechinger wrote:
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 09:47:48AM -0600, Lori Alt wrote:

While the official release of zfs-boot won't be out
until Update 4 at least, we're working right now on
getting enough pieces available through OpenSolaris
so that users can put together a boot CD/DVD/image
that will directly install a system with a zfs
root.  I can't give an exact date, but we're pretty
close.  I expect it within weeks, not months.

That's great Lori!! I could wait months, but I'd rather wait weeks. :)

What about Express?

Probably not any time soon.  If it makes U4,
I think that would make it available in Express late
this year.

That being said, I'm (hopefuly safely) assuming that if this makes it
into Update 4 it will include support for zfs-root/install on SPARC as
well as x86?

We expect to release SPARC support at the same time as x86.

Lori