Hello Luke,

Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 4:48:38 PM, you wrote:

LL> Does snv44 have the ZFS fixes to the I/O scheduler, the ARC and the
prefetch logic?

LL> These are great results for random I/O, I wonder how the sequential I/O
looks?

LL> Of course you'll not get great results for sequential I/O on the 3510 :-)

filebench/singlestreamread v440

1. UFS, noatime, HW RAID5 6 disks, S10U2

     70MB/s

2. ZFS, atime=off, HW RAID5 6 disks, S10U2 (the same lun as in #1)

     87MB/s

3. ZFS, atime=off, SW RAID-Z 6 disks, S10U2

     130MB/s

4. ZFS, atime=off, SW RAID-Z 6 disks, snv_44

     133MB/s

ps.
With software RAID-Z I got about 940ms/s :)))) well, after files were
created they were all cached and ZFS almost didn't touch a disks :)

ok, I changed filesize to be well over memory size of the server and
above results are with that larger filesize.

filebench/singlestreamwrite v440

1. UFS, noatime, HW RAID-5 6 disks, S10U2

        70MB/s

2. ZFS, atime=off, HW RAID-5 6 disks, S10U2 (the same lun as in #1)

        52MB/s

3. ZFS, atime=off, SW RAID-Z 6 disks, S10U2

        148MB/s

4. ZFS, atime=off, SW RAID-Z 6 disks, snv_44

        147MB/s

So sequential writing in ZFS on HWR5 is actually worse than UFS.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]