Hi Matthew,

In the case of the 8 KB Random Write to the 128 KB recsize filesystem the I/O were not full block re-writes, yet the expected COW Random Read (RR) at the pool level is somehow avoided. I suspect it was able to coalesce enough I/O in the 5 second transaction window to construct 128 KB blocks. This was after all, 24 threads of I/O to a 2 GB file at a rate of  140,000  IOPS.

However, when using the 8 KB recsize it was not able to do this.  I will check to see if it's fixed in b45.

Thanks!

Dave

8 KB  update to a 128 KB block), however, did not have much Random Read (RR) at the pool level.

The 8 KB RW to the 8 KB recsize filesystem is where I generaly observed RR at the pool level.

RR is Random Read, RW is random Write...

Dave