This is my first post on the opensolaris.org forums. I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm actually on the zfs-discuss alias and, if not, how to add myself to it!

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to get information like "zpool list" or "zfs get all <filesystem>" through an API instead of parsing the information from the CLI.

In the ideal world, I could just "get" a zpool object from the OS, which contained the zpool information and various zfs objects and do whatever I wanted with them.