> Lieven De Geyndt wrote:
> > So I can manage the file system mounts/automounts using the legacy option
> > , but I can't manage the auto-import of the pools . Or I should delete
> > the zpool.cache file during boot .
>
> Doesn't this come back to the problem which is self-induced, namely
> that they are trying "poor man's cluster" ??

Hmm.  I worry that something similar could occur in certain failure
situations.

I know that VxVM stores the "autoimport" information on the disk
itself.  It sounds like ZFS doesn't and it's only in the cache (is this
correct?)

Lets imagine that I lose a motherboard on a SAN host and it crashes.  To
get things going I import the pool on another host and run the apps
while I repair the first one.  Hardware guy comes in and swaps the
motherboard, then lets the machine boot.  While it boots, will it try to
re-import the pool it had before it crashed?  Will it succeed?

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]