[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Richard, when I talk about cheap JBOD I think about home users/small
servers/small companies. I guess you can sell 100 X4500 and at the same
time 1000 (or even more) cheap JBODs to the small companies which for sure
will not buy the big boxes. Yes, I know, you earn more selling
X4500. But what do you think, how Linux found its way to data centers
and become important player in OS space ? Through home users/enthusiasts who
become familiar with it and then started using the familiar things in
their job.

But Linux isn't a hardware vendor and doesn't make cheap JBOD or multipack for the home user.

So I don't see how we get from "Sun should make cheap home user JBOD" (which BTW we don't really have the channel to sell for anyway) to "but Linux dominated this way".

--
Darren J Moffat