Spencer Shepler wrote:
On Wed, Adam Leventhal wrote:
On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 01:17:02PM -0500, Torrey McMahon wrote:
Is there going to be a method to override that on the import? I can see a situation where you want to import the pool for some kind of maintenance procedure but you don't want the iSCSI target to fire up automagically.
There isn't -- to my knowledge -- a way to do this today for NFS shares.
This would be a reasonable RFE that would apply to both NFS and iSCSI.

In the case of NFS, this can be dangerous if the "rest" of the NFS
server is allowed to come up and serve other filesystems.  The non-shared
filesystem will end up returning ESTALE errors to clients that are
active on that filesystem.  It should be an all or nothing selection...

Lets say server A has the pool with NFS shared, or iSCSI shared, volumes. Server A exports the pool or goes down. Server B imports the pool.

Which clients would still be active on the filesystem(s)? The ones that were mounting it when it was on Server A?