On Thu, Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Ceri Davies wrote:
> >For NFS, it's possible (but likely suboptimal) for clients to be
> >configured to mount the filesystem from server A and fail over to
> >server B, assuming that the pool import can happen quickly enough for
> >them not to receive ENOENT.
>
> IIRC NFS client side failover is really only intended for read-only
> mounts.  I can't remember though if this is enforced or not though.

NFS client side failover is for read-only exports.  No way to strictly
enforce since the NFSv2/v3 protocols don't have support.  The client
attempts to ensure that active files "look" the same when failing
over.

NFSv4 has migration support such that a filesystem can move between
servers but the administrative model is for that: movement and not
server failover.

Spencer