Cyril Plisko wrote:
On 11/2/06, Rick McNeal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> That's how the shareiscsi property works today.
>
> So, why manipulating LUN is impossible via zfs ???

A ZVOL is a single LU, so there's nothing to manipulate. Could you give
me an example of what you think should/could be changed?

I was thinking about manipulating Logical Unit _Number_  (LUN)
for that particular Logical Unit (LU). iscsitadm allows me to set a LUN
for the target (LU) in hand and I thought that if we are going to
squeeze LU parameters into shareiscsi, then why LUN is excluded ?

This administrative model takes the approach of one LU per Target. Since SAM requires LUN 0 there's no point in allowing someone to change the value.

If you wish to have multiple LU's per target then the iscsitadm interface is available and you can still use ZVOL's as the backing store.

--
----
Rick McNeal

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"