This is likely a variation of:

6401126 FM reports 'pool data unavailable' because of timing between FM and
mounting of file systems

Basically, what's happening is that ZFS is trying to open the pool
before the underlying device backing the vdev is available.  My guess is
that your new hardware is loading later in boot for some reason.  When
you actually come all the way up, the device is available and your pool
is fine.

The precise fix is a little complicated.  As a workaround, you may be
able to add a forceload directive to /etc/system to force the driver
associated with your hardware to attach earlier in boot.

- Eric