Ah, did not see your follow up. Thanks.

Chris

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Cindy Swearingen wrote:

Sorry, Bart, is correct:

          If  new_device  is  not  specified,   it   defaults   to
         old_device.  This form of replacement is useful after an
         existing  disk  has  failed  and  has  been   physically
         replaced.  In  this case, the new disk may have the same
         /dev/dsk path as the old device, even though it is actu-
         ally a different disk. ZFS recognizes this.

cs

Cindy Swearingen wrote:
One minor comment is to identify the replacement drive, like this:

# zpool replace mypool2 c3t6d0 c3t7d0

Otherwise, zpool will error...

cs

Bart Smaalders wrote:

Krzys wrote:

my drive did go bad on me, how do I replace it? I am sunning solaris 10 U2 (by the way, I thought U3 would be out in November, will it be out soon? does anyone know?

[11:35:14] server11: /export/home/me > zpool status -x
  pool: mypool2
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices could not be opened. Sufficient replicas exist for
        the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-D3
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        mypool2     DEGRADED     0     0     0
          raidz     DEGRADED     0     0     0
            c3t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t4d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t5d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t6d0  UNAVAIL      0   679     0  cannot open

errors: No known data errors

Shut down the machine, replace the drive, reboot
and type:

zpool replace mypool2 c3t6d0

On earlier versions of ZFS I found it useful to do this
at the login prompt; it seemed fairly memory intensive.

- Bart

!DSPAM:122,456f1b0c21174266247132!