Hello Wade,

WSfc> Hola folks,

WSfc>       I am new to the list, please redirect me if I am posting to the
wrong
WSfc> location.  I am starting to use ZFS in production (Solaris x86 10U3 --
WSfc> 11/06) and I seem to be seeing unexpected behavior for zfs list and
WSfc> snapshots.  I create a filesystem (lets call it a/b where a is the pool).
WSfc> Now, if I store 100 gb of files on a/b and then snapshot a/[EMAIL
PROTECTED] then
WSfc> delete about 50 gb of files from a/b -- I expect to see ~50 gb "USED" on
WSfc> both a/b and a/[EMAIL PROTECTED] via zfs list output -- instead I only
seem to see the
WSfc> delta block adds as "USED" (~20mb) on a/[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Is this
correct behavior?
WSfc> how do you track the total delta blocks the snap is using vs other snaps
WSfc> and live fs?

This is almost[1] ok. When you delete a file from a file system you
definitely expect to see that the file system allocated space reduced
by about the same size.

[1] the problem is that space consumed by snapshot isn't entirely
correct and once you delete snapshot you'll actually get some more
space than zfs list reported for that snapshot as used space. It's not
a big deal but still it makes it harder to determine exactly how much
space is allocated for snapshots for a given file system.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]