On 03 January, 2007 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent me these 0,5K bytes:

> >Hmmm, so there is lots of evictable cache here (mostly in the MFU
> >part of the cache)... could you make your core file available?
> >I would like to take a look at it.
>
> Isn't this just like:
> 6493923 nfsfind on ZFS filesystem quickly depletes memory in a 1GB system
>
> Which was introduced in b51(or 52) and fixed in snv_54.

I've upgraded to snv54 now and even forced 500k dnlc entries in memory
(ncsize=500000,arc_reduce_dnlc_percent=0).. Let's see how it copes with
that ;)

Currently seeing about 96% cache hit rate in name lookups even after
just 3h.. it's usually been around 20% or so when it's automatically
lowered to around 15k entries due to memory pressure..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå