> I agree for non enterprise users the expansion of
> raidz vdevs is a critical missing feature.

Now you've got me curious.  I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, but how is
online expansion a non-enterprise feature?  From my perspective, enterprise
users are the ones most likely to keep legacy filesystems for extended lengths
of time, well past any rational usage plan.  Enterprise users are also the ones
most likely to need 24/7 availability.  Any hacker-in-a-basement can take a
storage pool offline to expand or contract it, while enterprise users lack this
luxury.

Experience taught me that enterprise users most need future flexibility and
zero downtime.

Again, I'm not arguing here, only interested in your contrasting viewpoint.