i have come across an interesting article at :

http://www.anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.aspx?i=2859&p=5

it`s about sata vs. sas/scsi realiability , telling that typical desktop sata
drives
".....on average experience an Unrecoverable Error every 12.5 terabytes written
or read (EUR of 1 in 1014 bits)."

since the 1TB drive is out very soon, this really makes me afraid of data
integrity on my backup disks, so the question is:

will zfs help detect/prevent such single-bit errors ?

i`m somewhat sure, that it will help if i use raid1 setup with ZFS - it`s self
healing will detect those single-bit-errors and correct this - but what about
single disk setup ?

can zfs protect my data from such single-bit-errors with a single drive ?

regards
roland