On January 24, 2007 9:40:41 AM -0800 Richard Elling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Eriksson wrote:
Yes please. Now give me a fairly cheap (but still quality) FC-attached
JBOD  utilizing SATA/SAS disks and I'll be really happy! :-)

... with write cache and dual redundant controllers?  I think we call that
the Sun StorageTek 3511.

Ah but the 3511 JBOD is not supported for direct attach to a host, nor is it
supported for attachment to a SAN.  You have to have a 3510 or 3511 with
RAID controller to use the 3511 JBOD.  The RAID controller is pretty pricey
on these guys.  $5k each IIRC.