[i]
zpool create newhome c0d0s7
zfs snapshot [EMAIL PROTECTED]
zfs send [EMAIL PROTECTED] | zfs receive newhome/home

A 1:1 copy of the zfs "home" should then exist in "/newhome/home".
[/i]
'should' was the right word. It doesn't; and has actually destroyed my poor
chances to mount it. I hope someone can help me !!?

This is what I did:
% zpool create -f newhome c0d0s7 [There were some data of earlier experiments]
% zfs snapshot [EMAIL PROTECTED]

% zfs list:
home 2.38G 135G 2.37G /export/home
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 0 - 2.37 -
newhome 85K 27.6G 24.5k /newhome

% zfs send [EMAIL PROTECTED] | zfs receive newhome/home [quite some activity,
then:]
home 2.38G 135G 2.37G /export/home
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 0 - 2.37 -
newhome 2.62G 24.9G 25.5k /newhome
newhome/home 2.62G 24.9G 2.62G /newhome/home

So far so good. But after reboot to c0d0, there is no home directory any more
found:
"Your home is listed as /export/home/udippel but it does not appear to exist.
...."
>From a terminal, I can get the partition though:
c0d0s7 is
7 home 28.11 GB
But whatever mount command I give, it will return 'invalid dataset name';
inclusive 'mount -a'.
Though home is listed in mnttab, and I didn't touch [b]anything[/b]. Just boot
and reboot plus the commands as above.

[I just call this all a great crap. It ought to 'backup mountpoint drive'; but
also your suggestion looked kind of logic.]

And in case anyone asked, I can confirm that c0d0s7 did mount properly before.

Please, anyone help me to mount the /home again, without reinstalling cod0 from
scratch [the only thing I could think of with my very limited understanding] !!

Uwe