On 2/19/07, Rod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Are now supported Samba Acls with ZFS?

I am looking for information on the release notes of 3.0.24 version Samba, but
I can't see anything about ZFS and ACLs.

Does anybody knows something?

It's not there yet.  I spent some time looking at this a few weeks
ago, and last I looked there was a Sun engineer on the SFW team
working on ZFS ACL support, who said he'd have something "in two or
three weeks."  That was several weeks ago, and I haven't looked into
it beyond a quick glance since.

One thing I did try out was loopback mounting the filesystem via NFS
and exporting /that/ with Samba, which seemed to work fine as far as
getting/setting ACLs via Explorer.  That is clearly not an optimal
solution, however, and I decided that I could live with the real
permissions being invisible.

--
Eric Enright