Adam,

With the blog entry[1] you've made about gzip for ZFS, it raises
a couple of questions...

1) It would appear that a ZFS filesystem can support files of
  varying compression algorithm.  If a file is compressed using
  method A but method B is now active, if I truncate the file
  and rewrite it, is A or B used?

2) The question of whether or not to use bzip2 was raised in
  the comment section of your blog.  How easy would it be to
  implement a plugable (or more generic) interface between
  ZFS and the compression algorithms it uses such that I
  can modload a bzip2 compression LKM and tell ZFS to
  use that?  I suspect that doing this will take extra work
  from the Solaris side of things too...

3) Given (1), are there any thoughts about being able to specify
  different compression algorithms for different directories
  (or files) on a ZFS filesystem?

And thanks for the great work!

Cheers,
Darren