Comments inline

On 3/28/07, Robert Milkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hello Malachi,

Thursday, March 29, 2007, 1:36:46 AM, you wrote:

Why 2x(4G)? Hmmm. Good question. I guess I am just used to doing that for
FreeBSD.  I do plan on running multiple Xen domU at the same time... Are you
thinking swap shouldn't be that big?

If you have a disk space to spare it won't hurt of course.

In your case swap sie of 4GB would probably be sufficient (4GB to store
system dump kernel pages especially when zfs is used in case of system
panic).

I have 7x250G drives. 2 are being set aside for mirrored root. Other 5
raidz2 for data.  Swap is coming out of the mirrored set.

Don't BFU? I'm good with that :) I'd prefer to get to know Solaris before
screwing it up too much.

No problem :)

BTW: Is there a limit on how big the root partition can be?

No, there shouldn't be.

I'm not sure if boot partition is still needed on x86...

According to Solaris 7 release notes, this problems is caused by the '/'
partition being too big.  In this specific case, I was assigning about 242G
to '/' as I had assigned 8G to Swap.  These are Hitachi SATAII drives in
Addonics hotswap cages on 2 controllers (using the L1N64 mb)... I'm going to
double check the BIOS settings, and try the text installer if that doesn't
work.

Malachi