I've been going over this in my mind as I don't currently use
LU yet, and this sort of stuff is getting me to hold off.

While LU might not work yet, you can always do a snapshot before
the BFU/upgrade and then roll back to that if things break, which
isn't completely LU, but it does give you the primary feature you
seem to be relying on LU for (easy rollback).

Thoughs from others?

-brian

ps: would anyone be interested in doing a ZFS presentation to a LUG
in the UK? (I *think* London, but I'd have to double check).  As much
as I'd love to go to the UK to do it, I don't have the time or the
money at the moment. ;)

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 10:02:43AM -0600, Lori Alt wrote:
> Regrettably, LiveUpgrade is basically clueless when it
> comes to zfs right now.  It doesn't understand the
> concepts of pools and datasets (and how they differ
> from file systems on slices) at all.  That code hasn't
> been implemented yet.  It's something we're working on.
> So for now, LU won't be of much use to you.  But I
> hope that we'll be able to supply some experimental
> tools to you at some point that will let you start
> playing with the ways that zfs snapshots and clones
> will eventually make LU (or something like it) a
> much easier way to manage BEs.
>
> Lori
>
> Ivan Wang wrote:
> >HI all,
> >
> >Recently zfs boot is delivered in scheduled b62, so is there any words
> >when and how may we use live upgrade with zfs root? Since I only use SXCR
> >now and sometimes you just need to boot to older BE in case of a
> >no-so-good build, live upgrade becomes very handy for me on that.
> >Cheers,
> >Ivan.
> >

> >This message posted from opensolaris.org

"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just
that most of the shit out there is built by people who'd be better
suited to making sure that my burger is cooked thoroughly."  -- Jonathan
Patschke