Hmmm... I definitely missed this one... I thought the documentation said
that using zpool attach would add a new drive to the existing raidz(2) and
then it would start resilvering...

Malachi

On 4/7/07, Eric Haycraft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You cannot add 1 drive at a time to a raid-z or raid-2z. You need to add
the same number of disks that were used per stripe.. So, if you start with 5
disks, you would have to add 5 more in the future to add disk space. There
is also a method of swapping each disk one at a time with a larger disk and
performing a scrub inbetween each replacement to increase the pool size.

Eric