[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 04/25/2007 10:17:50 AM:

> hello the list,
>
> After reading the _excellent_ ZFS Best Practices Guide, I've seen in the
> section: ZFS and Complex Storage Consideration that we should configure
> the storage system to ignore command which will flush the memory into
> the disk.
>
> So does some of you knows how to tell Xserve Raid to ignore ``fsync''
> requests ?
>
> After the announce that zfs will be included in Tiger, I'll be surprised
> that the Xserve Raid will not include such configuration.

<rant>
Xraid seems to be targeted towards pseudo cooperate customers -- the
controllers are independent and  do not allow for failover or mixed sets.
It would not surprise me if it is not tunable with regard to cache settings
(i have searched for these tunable myself). Apple seemed to just go
redundant enough (power supply, fans) to make the product appear at a
distance like it may fit into a reliable storage category  -- but once you
factor in losing half the storage to make it reliable it's cost factor is
doubled.  I hope that the next generation of this product line takes this
into account.
</rant>

-Wade