While trying some things earlier in figuring out how zpool iostat is supposed
to be interpreted, I noticed that ZFS behaves kind of weird when writing data.
Not to say that it's bad, just interesting. I wrote 160MB of zeroed data with
dd. I had zpool iostat running with an one second interval.

dd actually finished before the disk activity started, so I suppose, ZFS does
aggressive write caching. However following the iostats, ZFS wrote two seconds
at I suppose full speed (roughly 35-40MB/s) and then continued 26.5 seconds at
3.2MB/s. Adding all the values up, I get to the 160MB.

I found this interesting. Is this intended? What's the rationale behind this?
Wouldn't this put huge data writes in jeopardy, if dragged out like this?

Thanks.
-mg