Hi All,

We have come across a problem at a client where ZFS brought the system down
with a write error on a EMC device due to mirroring done at the EMC level and
not ZFS, Client is total EMC committed and not too happy to use the ZFS for
oring/RAID-Z. I have seen the notes below about the ZFS and SAN attached
devices and understand the ZFS behaviour.

Can someone help me with the following Questions:

Is this the way ZFS will work in the future ?
is there going to be any compromise to allow SAN Raid and ZFS to do the rest.
If so when and if possible details of it ?

Many Thanks

Rgds

Roshan

ZFS work with SAN-attached devices?