Hmm. Odd. I've got PowerPath working fine with ZFS with both Symmetrix and Clariion back ends. PowerPath Version is 4.5.0, running on leadville qlogic drivers. Sparc hardware. (if it matters)

I ran one our test databases on ZFS on the DMX via PowerPath for a couple months until we switched off of it because of the 'bogus memory usage' statistics problem. We still use it on a server we use for logs processing and retention that uses the Clariion as a back end.

cheers,
Brian

On Jul 13, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Alderman, Sean wrote:

There was a Sun Forums post that I referenced in that other thread that
mentioned something about mpxio working but powerpath not working.  Of
course I don't know how valid those statements are/were, and I don't
recall much detail given.

--
Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Tribble [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 11:53 AM
To: Alderman, Sean
Cc: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] ZFS and powerpath

On 7/13/07, Alderman, Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You wouldn't happen to be running this on a SPARC would you?

That I would.

I started a thread last week regarding CLARiiON+ZFS+SPARC = core dump
when creating a zpool. I filed a bug report, though it doesn't appear

to be in the database (not sure if that means it was rejected or I
didn't submit it correctly).

I'm not seeing it quite like that. ZFS+mpxio works, ZFS+powerpath seems
to have "issues".

Also, I was using the powerpath psuedo device not the WWN though.

I've not got that far. During an import, ZFS just pokes around - there
doesn't seem to be an explicit way to tell it which particular devices
or SAN paths to use.

--
-Peter Tribble