I am using 4 SATA II drives, with this card (see the comments) which got
detected by Solaris automatically:
http://napobo3.blogspot.com/2006/04/sata2-under-b36.html

I understand that my 32bit CPU is the limiting factor? But that seems a bit
strange I think. A [EMAIL PROTECTED] should be able to squeese out ~5 GFlops,
and one thinks that should be plenty for a file system as ZFS? Well, I hope to
upgrade to Penryn later this year, and then I really hope it will be faster
than 15MB/sec transfer rate.

(I have a ASROCK P4V88 motherboard, which I have inserted the PCI-X SATA card
into. The mobo doesnt have PCI-X, but the card reverts to ordinary PCI when
inserted and it works right out of the box).