On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Mike Gerdts wrote:

> MS-DFS could be helpful here.  You could have a virtual samba instance
> that generates MS-DFS redirects to the appropriate spot.  At one point in

That's true, although I rather detest Microsoft DFS (they stole the acronym
from DCE/DFS, even though particularly the initial versions sucked
feature-wise in comparison). Also, the current release version of MacOS X
does not support CIFS DFS referrals. I'm not sure if the upcoming version
is going to rectify that or not. Windows clients not belonging to the
domain also occasionally have problems accessing shares across different
servers.

Although it is definitely something to consider if I'm going to be unable
to achieve my single namespace by having one large server...

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]