Vincent Fox wrote:
>> Solaris Cluster 3.2 supports Solaris 10 8/07 (aka
>> u4).  Where did you hear that
>> it didn't?
>
> Took an Advanced Clustering class a few weeks before U4 came out. At that
> time I think the instructor said U3 was the "supported" configuration and
> he wasn't sure when U4 would be a verified and supported configuration on
> which to run Cluster 3.2.

Ah, ok that explains it.  Prior to an OS release, Solaris Cluster will not be
"supported" on it.  While this seems intuitively obvious, the Office of Sales
Prevention and Customer Disatisfaction insists upon promoting this fact :-(

Solaris Cluster engineering tracks new Solaris releases very closely and will
have support ready at release.  Internal to Sun (and Sun partners) is the
authoritative tome, "Sun Cluster 3 Configuration Guide," which contains the
list of what is "supported."  This is updated about once per month.  But I'm
not sure how that information is communicated externally... probably not well.
It seems as though many docs say something like "ask your local Sun
representative."
In the long term, the Open HA Cluster community should be more responsive.
        http://opensolaris.org/os/community/ha-clusters/

> We have a Support Contract for production systems, and endeavour to stay
> within the realm of what they will answer questions on when we have problems.
>
> So will this "nocache" option work in U4?

It should be there.
  -- richard