Hi Eric,

>Are you talking about the documentation at:
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebench
>or:
>http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/performance/filebench/
>and:
>http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/FileBench
>?

i was talking about the solarisinternals wiki. I can't find any documentation
at the sourceforge site and the opensolaris site refers to solarisinternals for
a more detailed documentation. The "INSTALL" document within the distribution
refers to solarisinternals and pkgadd which of course isn't working without
providing a package ;)

This is the output of make within filebench/filebench:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] # make
make: Warning: Can't find `../Makefile.cmd': Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefunden
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 27: Read of include file
`../Makefile.cmd' failed

>Before looking at the results, decide if that really *is* your
>expected workload

Sure enough i have to dig deeper into the filebench workloads and create my own
workload to represent my expected workload even better, but the tasks within
the fileserver workload are already quite representative (i could skip the
"append" test though...)

Regards,
Tom