On 11/2/07, MC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I consider myself an early adopter of ZFS and pushed
> > it hard on this
> > list and in real life with regards to iSCSI
> > integration, zfs
> > performance issues with latency there of, and how
> > best to use it with
> > NFS. Well, I finally get to talk more about the
> > ZFS-based product I've
> > been beta testing for quite some time. I thought this
> > was the most
> > appropriate place to make it known that NexentaStor
> > is now out, and
> > you can read more of my take at my personal post,
> > http://jmlittle.blogspot.com/2007/11/coming-out-party-
> > for-commodity-storage.html
> >
> > I thought it would be in the normal opensolaris blog
> > listing, but
> > since its not showing up there, this single list
> > seems most
> > appropriate to get interested parties and feedback.
> > ss
>
> Hmm so is that where all the Nexenta guys have been all this time!?!? :)
>
> I look forward to trying out what has been produced.  This type of solution
> is a pleasing one for the consumer.
>
> Is there a list of the contributers and what they do?  The landscape of
> Nexenta has changed and I wonder about the details.  PS: the website looks
> kind of busy to the eyes :)
>
> PPS: I think the new Nexenta team is the perfect candidate for submitting to
> the community how they think the OpenSolaris branding and compatibility
> should work.  Would you like a "Built with OpenSolaris" logo to use?  How far
> would you (or should you) go to maintain compatibility and be certified as
> "OpenSolaris Compatible"?

I can only speak up to my particular usage and understanding. Its
OpenSolaris-based in the sense it is based on the ON/NWS
consolidations (aka, NexentaOS or the NCP releases). Its still very
much Debian/Ubuntu like in that it has that packaging, that installer,
etc. Time will tell how compatible that is deemed to be.