> I consider myself an early adopter of ZFS and pushed
> it hard on this
> list and in real life with regards to iSCSI
> integration, zfs
> performance issues with latency there of, and how
> best to use it with
> NFS. Well, I finally get to talk more about the
> ZFS-based product I've
> been beta testing for quite some time. I thought this
> was the most
> appropriate place to make it known that NexentaStor
> is now out, and
> you can read more of my take at my personal post,
> http://jmlittle.blogspot.com/2007/11/coming-out-party-
> for-commodity-storage.html
>
> I thought it would be in the normal opensolaris blog
> listing, but
> since its not showing up there, this single list
> seems most
> appropriate to get interested parties and feedback.
> ss

Hmm so is that where all the Nexenta guys have been all this time!?!? :)

I look forward to trying out what has been produced.  This type of solution is
a pleasing one for the consumer.

Is there a list of the contributers and what they do?  The landscape of Nexenta
has changed and I wonder about the details.  PS: the website looks kind of busy
to the eyes :)

PPS: I think the new Nexenta team is the perfect candidate for submitting to
the community how they think the OpenSolaris branding and compatibility should
work.  Would you like a "Built with OpenSolaris" logo to use?  How far would
you (or should you) go to maintain compatibility and be certified as
"OpenSolaris Compatible"?

People doing real work on real projects should chime on on those issues because
there is far too much yapping from people like me who do nothing :)