Eric Haycraft wrote:
> The drives (6 in total) are external (eSATA) ones, so they have their own
> enclosure that I can't open without voiding the warranty... I destroyed one
> enclosure trying out ways to get it to work and learned that there was no way
> to open them up without wrecking the case :(
>
> I have 2 meter sata to esata cables.
>
> The drives are 750GB FreeAgent Pro USB/eSATA drives from Seagate.
>
> Thanks for your help.

IIRC, eSATA has different signalling specifications from (i)SATA (higher
voltages, for example).

This would mean that a (passive) SATA-eSATA adapter on a SATA2 card
could present its own issues.

Rob++
--
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                             __o
Life: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                    _`\<,_