Hi everyone,

I have what I think is a simple question, but the answer is eluding me...

I have a ZFS filesystem in which I needed to move part of it to a new
pool.  I want to recover the space from the part I moved so that it
returns to the original pool, without losing the snapshot data of the
other parts of the filesystem.

For example, I have...

        pool_01/mydata/dir1
                and within dir1, I have:
                ./images
                ./invoices
                ./xrays

The xrays dir was moved to a new pool and now I want to recover the
space that it once took up.

The problem is that I cant seem to figure out how to recover just the
space that one directory took up.  I know how to destroy the snapshots,
but I need to keep them since they contain data from other directories, etc.

I even tried removing the xrays directory from the .zfs/snapshot areas,
but those are read-only and it wouldn't let me.  The system is Solaris
10 x86 08/07.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael