A little extra info:
ZFS brings in a ZFS spare device the next time the pool is accessed, not a raidbox hot spare. Resilvering starts automatically and increases disk access times by about 30%. The first hour of estimated time left ( for 5-6 TB pools ) is wildly inaccurate, but it starts to settle down after that.

Tom Mooney