Kent Watsen wrote:
> So, I picked up an AOC-SAT2-MV8 off eBay for not too much and then I got
> a 4xSATA to one SFF-8087 cable to connect it to one one my six
> backplanes.  But, as fortune would have it, the cable I bought has SATA
> connectors that are physically too big to plug into the AOC-SAT2-MV8 -
> since the AOC-SAT2-MV8 stacks two SATA connectors on top of each other...

As a temporary solution, I hooked up the reverse breakout cable using
ports 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the aoc-sat2-mv8 - the cables fit this way
because its using only one port from each stack.  Anyway, the good news
is that drives showed up in Solaris right away and their IDs are stable
between hot-swaps and reboots.  So I'll be keeping the aoc-sat2-mv8
(anybody want a SAS3081E?)

I've already ordered more cables for the aoc-sat2-mv8 and will report
which ones work when I get them

Thanks,
Kent