On Dec 18, 2007, at 9:15 PM, Rob Logan wrote:

>> I guess the zpool.cache in the bootimage got corrupted?
> not on zfs :-)   perhaps a path to a drive changed?

heh  - probably.

This is off topic but now this brings us to another problem...

My fellow syadmin here at work was trying to get solaris 10 to talk to
our openldap server.  He ran ldapclient with a manual config to set up
password authentication.  Upon reboot, it displayed the hostname and
then said:

ldap nis domain name is

and then would hang.  At that point, it was taken into single user
mode and he ran:

ldap client uninit

which wiped out the LDAP configuration, but now upon boot, the machine
says:

Hostname: mbox02
NIS domain name is

and just hangs.  If we try to boot into single user mode, it asks for
the root password - we type it in and then it just hangs.  We've
waited several minutes now and it just seems to be locked up there

I know this is off topic but does anybody have any ideas?

--
Michael Hale
[EMAIL PROTECTED]