Mertol Ozyoney wrote:
> Hi Everyone ;
>
> I will soon be making a presentation comparing ZFS against Veritas
> Storage Foundation , do we have any document comparing features ?

Mertol,

I don't have any experience of Veritas - I've only recently come to the
Solaris world purely because of zfs.

For me, the attractive features of zfs (so much so that I've moved to
OpenSolaris from linux(CentOS) ) are, in no particular order:

1. data integrity - built-in checksumming
2. ease of administration
   * easy to create new storage
   * easy to manage storage
3. Integration with nfs and (recently) cifs
   * set property on zfs entity to create nfs/cifs share

zfs really is revolutionary. I am constantly amazed at what it can do
and how easy it is to do it.

Storage management tools in linux are good (md, lvm, etc) but the zfs
toolset is better, and far easier to use.

R.