So the point is,  a JBOD with a flash drive in one (or two to mirror the ZIL)
of the slots would be a lot SIMPLER.

We've all spent the last decade or two offloading functions into specialized
hardware, that has turned into these massive unneccessarily complex things.

I don't want to go to a new training class everytime we buy a new model of
storage unit.  I don't want to have to setup a new server on my private network
to run the Java GUI management software for that array and all the other BS
that array vendors put us through.

I just want storage.