Let's say I have a zfs called "pool/backups" and it contains two zfs'es,
"pool/backups/server1" and "pool/backups/server2"

I have sharenfs=on for pool/backups and it's inherited by the sub-zfs'es. I can
then nfs mount pool/backups/server1 or pool/backups/server2, no problem.

If I mount pool/backups on a system running Solaris Express build 81, I can see
the contents of pool/backups/server1 and pool/backups/server2 as I'd expect.
But when I mount pool/backups on Solaris 10 or Solaris 8, I just see empty
directories for server1 and server2. And if I actually write there, the files
go in /pool/backups (and they can be seen on the nfs server if I unmount the
sub-zfs'es). And that's extra bad because if I reboot the nfs server, the
sub-zfs'es fail to mount because their mountpoints are not empty, and so it
won't come up in multi-user).

(the whole idea here is that I really want just the one nfs mount, but I want
to be able to separate the data into separate zfs'es).

So why does this work with the build 81 nfs client, and not others, and is it
possible to make it work? Right now the number of sub-zfs'es is only a handful
so I can mount them individually, but it's not the way I want it to work.