Hello Scott,

SG> I have a customer who has implemented the following layout:  As you can
SG> see, he has mostly raidz zvols but has one raidz2 in the same zpool.
SG> What are the implications here?  Is this a bad thing to do? Please
SG> elaborate.

Well, it will work. Just slightly strange configuration but shouldn't
do any negative impact. Theoretically performance could be slightly
worse, but probably nothing to worry much about.

All groups provide the same space so there shouldn't be any problem
with balancing data.

IMHO - it's fine - little bit strange but fine.

--
Best regards,
 Robert Milkowski                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]