On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 18:11 -0600, Mark Shellenbaum wrote:
> > I think it is a misnomer to call the current
> > implementation of ZFS a "pure ACL" system, as clearly the ACLs are heavily
> > contaminated by legacy mode bits.
>
> Feel free to open an RFE.  It may be a tough sell with PSARC, but maybe
> if we have enough customer requests maybe they can be won over.

It is always wrong to have a mental model of PSARC as a monolithic
entity.

I suspect at least some of the membership would be interested in this
sort of extension and it shouldn't be that hard to "sell" if it's not
the default behavior and it's clearly documented that turning it on
(probably on a fs-by-fs basis like every other zfs tunable) takes you
out of POSIX land.

                                                - Bill