Hello all. I am looking to be able to verify my zfs backups in the
most minimal way, ie without having to md5 the whole volume.

Is there a way to get a checksum for a snapshot and compare it to
another zfs volume, containing all the same blocks and verify they
contain the same information? Even when I destroy the snapshot on the
source?

kind of like:

zfs create tank/myfs
dd if=/dev/urandom bs=128k count=1000 of=/tank/myfs/TESTFILE
zfs snapshot tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
zfs send tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED] | zfs recv tank/myfs_BACKUP

zfs destroy tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

zfs snapshot tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

someCheckSumVodooFunc(tank/myfs)
someCheckSumVodooFunc(tank/myfs_BACKUP)

is there some zdb hackery which results in a metadata checksum usable
in this scenario?

Thank you all!

Asa
zfs worshiper