Hi!  I'm new to the list and new to zfs

I have the following hardware and would like opinions on implementation.

Sun Enterprise T5220
FC HBA
Brocade 200E 4 Gbit switch
Sun 2540 FC Disk Array w/12 1TB disk drives

My plan is to create a small SAN fabric with the 5220 as the initiator
(additional initiators to be added later) connected to the switch and the 2540
as the target.

My desire is to create 2 5disk RAID 5 sets with one hot spare each.  Then using
ZFS to pool the 2 sets into one 8 TB Pool with several ZFS file systems in the
pool.

Now I have several questions:

1) Does this plan seem ok?

2) Does anyone have experiance with the 2540?

3) I've read that it's best practice to create the RAID set utilizing Hardware
RAID utilities vice using ZFS raidz.  Any wisdom on this?

Thanks in advance.

--Kenny