I like the link you sent along... They did a nice job with that.
(but it does show that mixing and matching vastly different drive-sizes
is not exactly optimal...)

        http://www.drobo.com/drobolator/index.html

Doing something like this for ZFS allowing people to create pools by
mixing/matching drives, raid1, and raidz/z2 drives in a zpool makes for
a pretty cool page. If one of the statistical gurus can add MTBF
MTTdataLoss etc. to that as a calculator at the bottom that would be
even better. (someone did some static graphs for different thumper
configurations for this in the past... This would just make that more
general purpose/GUI driven... Sounds like a cool project)

--

No mention anywhere of "removing drives" thereby reducing capacity
though... Raid-re-striping isn't all that much fun, especially with

See the answer to you other question below. (from their FAQ)

-- MikeE

What file systems does drobo support?

RESOLUTION:

Drobo is a usb external disk array that is formatted by the host
operating system (Windows or OS X). We currently support NTFS, HFS+, and
FAT32 file systems with firmware revision 1.0.2.

Drobo is not a ZFS file system.

STATUS:

Current specification 1.0.2

Applies to: